Thursday, April 09, 2009

Basics: The New Little Black ... (I can't actually write that)


The one item I wanted from Top Shop was not at the NYC store and sold out online. It was a perfect black silk one-piece with a tie waist. I must have deleted the image in a fit of rage. But I'm still obsessed; I think the silhouette is a new basic.

Finding these online is a treasure hunt because the webmasters don't have a category for the hybrid. I guess the UK determined they'll last because Top Shop and others have a category for them, be it jumpsuit, onesie, romper, playsuit ... (further enabling your regression to age 4).


That being said, there are some actual dresses below too - all the style of a romper with none of the crotch!

Left to right from top:

1. Thakoon, $800 (a dress).

2. Top Shop, $90. Go! Don't let bad shopping timing happen to you!

3. Miss Selfridge, UK 35.

4. Heartloom, $145 (another dress).

5. Forever 21, $22.80. That extra 80 cents'll kill ya.

6. Vivienne Westwood, $915. That extra $800 bucks ...

Photo credits (left to right): Adeline R. on Lookbook.nu, find her here, Cavali campaign from the sun.co.uk found on In Search of Little Sadie, That's Chic.

1 comment:

Rachel Nguyen said...

Wow! I'm so flattered to be a part of your post! Awesome blog :)

Take care xox